Friday, October 25, 2013

Feelin' Good about The Kiddos School

Feelin' Good
You might find this hard to believe (and I don't think it reflects the attitudes of most of the Americans I know), but when we go back to the States, there's always one or two people who ask, "So, do you think it is worth it?  I mean, do you think your kids are better off learning overseas than here in America?"  My response is usually a 10-second stare of disbelief and then I just simply answer, "Yes.  Yes, it is worth it."  Because, let's face it.  If you have to ask that questions you aren't going to get it.  And by "it" I mean that my kids not only get to experience history (visiting Caral!) and nature (Amazon anyone?) first hand, but they get to go to a stellar school where Performing Arts week is not a book report on Kanye or One Direction.  These kids are living and learning every day.  They are well-rounded and diverse.

Check out this video of the Performing Arts Week finale at The Boy's school by clicking the link under the photo.  He's the nervous one on the end.  Sorry for the shaky bit, I was laughing!  I don't know if they'll be on American Idol anytime soon, but after spending the morning with them, I'm "feelin' good!"